Last week was a big week for the PCF fam outside of the gym. Two long time members were recognized for their hard work and appointed to new positions. Scott and Eva are two of the hardest working people you will find and fully deserving of the accolades.
Scott D. Middleton, Esq. has been appointed to the Judicial Screening Committee of the Suffolk County Bar Association. The Committee is tasked with investigating the background, experience, and other qualifications of candidates seeking to run for judicial office in Suffolk County to ensure that potential nominees are qualified to serve on the bench. Congratulations Scott!
Eva Chalas, MD has been named the Physician Director of the Winthrop-University Hospital Cancer Center starting February 1, 2017. As Winthrop further establishes its cancer treatment presence in Manhattan and Long Island Eva will be leading the way. Way to go Eva!
It’s awesome to see our members accomplishing great things in and out of the gym. When you see Eva or Scott around this week make sure to congratulate them!
Workout Of The Day:
A. Take 15 min to work to a tough single Power clean and Jerk, must be touch and go off the shoulder
15-12-9 for time
Clean and Jerk
-Score is weight lifted
– All sets must be unbroken, no re-grips at any point, any resting or re-gripping on the floor terminates the set
– rest as much as needed between sets
- Monday January 16th, First Day of New Year Transformation Challenge, make sure to log all of your scores for the day
- Friday February 10th @ 7PM, Row For a Cause , Teams of 5, more info to come, start getting your team together!
- Saturday February 11th @ 10am, Valentines day WOD